Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tasting the difference

What a difference no salt makes to things. I fired up the soup I made yesterday and added some lemon juice and a dash of worcestershire sauce - you have to be careful there is salt in that too. It still tasted bland and yet I know it is full of good stuff.

The low salt bread we made was OK with the soup but I was just so surprised how bland the food tasted. Apparently after a few weeks this doesn't happen as you become used to less salt.

I can imagine tomorrow's roast meal will be interesting as I won't have any salt on the potatoes, no gravy and nothing on the veg either. At times like this you wonder whether it is worth all the bother but I am going to stick to this as far as I am able to. Meals out may be a struggle but again, you can choose not to add salt at the table - it all depends if the chef has added any at cooking time.

No comments: