Monday, March 19, 2007

Right About Now

I should have been having or just had my operation if I had been allowed to go in. Instead I am stuck here looking at the first of the snow falling and getting on with some work that I should have done a few weeks ago. At least I have been released a bit and can get on with some of the backlog I have.

It is surprising quite how much preparing mentally and physically takes out of you and the major impact is on day to day work and general lack of concentration and applying yourself.

I'd hardly get any work done as I'd be easily distracted and also interrupts would completely knock me off my stride (this doesn't happen normally).

The list of things to do then gets longer and it is then back to the old chestnut of prioritisation and that then sets you off thinking you have to much to do and not enough time left to do it. Anyway, that weight has lifted off me and I got stacks done this morning and with a bit of luck I'll be able to sort out the vast majority of my stacked up work this week.

I'm not sure if behind each dark cloud there is a silver lining is the apt phrase here and now but it is all I can think of.

No comments: