Monday, March 26, 2007

I suppose that isn't bad in a week

I have lost about 2 Kgs last week. That's what? About 4Lbs so I am really pleased with that, I was expecting less really.

My taste without salt is gradually coming around as well and that has been a couple of weeks I suppose. I can now tell if something has salt in it - the bread today was especially salty and I've noticed things like gravy which was almost too salty for me.

I've probably more than halved my daily intake of salt and I've got over the hunger pangs from last week's serious drop in calories :-)

I've stopped having any sort of spread on my bread, I've had a very small amount of cheese and I've increased my fruit intake massively.

This week doesn't feel half as bad as last week and I'm not feeling quite as gloomy - I suppose I was a bit depressed because I was dieting and had no comfort foods - I hadn't thought of that.

So, there you go, where there is a will and once you can get over the initial shock to the system - things become bearable. Now I'm quite used to checking the packages on just about everything before I eat it and I've been particularly careful to make sure that I'm getting enough fruit and fibre plus a balance of everything else too. I reckon you can go too far with this sort of thing and miss out something that is good for you.

I am even more pleased that my blood pressure has come down to prehypertension levels. I think that is a combination of things. I am certainly far less stressed about things than I was when they first cancelled my Operation. The disappointment and anger would have raised my pressure but, I'm almost certain that eating the right things and cutting down on salt have really helped. I am hoping that a few more weeks of this sort of lifestyle will get everything down to manageable levels - I may need to speak to the Doc about some stress relief before going into hospital - I have some Valium left from when I had to go and have the cystoscopy under a local - perhaps I just need that or perhaps I can get my buddy to hypnotise me or something.

No comments: