Friday, March 23, 2007

Spitting Feathers

Oh poo,

Now "if only" - actually before I start this - I was talking to someone years ago and (this is relevant bear with me), He reckoned that if his wife hadn't have taken the 3 or 4 minutes longer on this specific night that they would have got into the bingo hall in the queue a little earlier where the person who won the thousands of pound jackpot was because he had worked out where he thought he should be in the queue? I did try telling him that there may have been other reasons along the way why he may have been further back in the queue but there was no consoling him.

So bearing in mind my slight diversion. I got a call today offering me the mother of all contracts. If I could start in a week or so and give it a good crack for 3 months then it would probably grow into something really nice and was such a good fit, if it were a glove - oh hell you know the rest.

So as I know this guy really well and I wouldn't mess up his opportunity, all I could do was point him to a couple of potential candidates and made my excuses as it just wouldn't be possible to commit to it with all this nonsense going on. And if I had of had the operation on Monday I might at least have been given an outline of what was in store and I could have.

I'm a lot more philosophical about it than I thought I'd be - I'm not lividly angry just miffed but resigned that this sort of thing is going to happen. This is why it can be damn difficult having cancer and trying to find a job at the same time. The very last ting you want to do is let down a prospective customer.

Oh well, there will be other opportunities I suppose.

No comments: