Friday, March 16, 2007

Today without salt or coffee

Thank goodness for the bread maker - we made a loaf last night with half the amount of salt in it and I had some of that this morning. I have had no coffee at all - I've decided to see if I can cut that down to reasonable amounts. I'm thinking that about 10 cups a day isn't so good for you but that is instant. I don't do the 6 or so double espressos a day anymore now. So I will probably just have the odd cup of real coffee every now and then. So far I haven't bitten anyone's ear off or behaved badly :-)

The next thing to work on is limiting things like cheese and processed meats and I am going to have to make my own soups as the ones in tins, packets and cup-a-soups all contain relatively high amounts of salt as well. If you think making soup is easy then go and have a look at how much salt is in a stock cube. This isn't going to be an easy trip at all.

Additionally, alcohol taken in moderation can help blood pressure. OK, that is fine - I can do that. This week has been a bad one though - I realise that by tonight I would have been out every day for a beer! That was a bit startling but then this week I pulled all the appointments into so that I'd take my mind off of next week and going in.

Which reminds me the Doctor said he'd ring yesterday and it is half way through today and he still hasn't rung me.

No comments: