Thursday, March 22, 2007

Rabbit Food

Yes - salad for lunch - I am being very good - I've not touched a bit of cheese or processed meat this week and the bread has been the stuff made with 1/2 the quantity of salt and using lo-salt as well. The biggest difficulty is getting from 5 fruit and veg a day to 9 although the salad itself meant that I was able to do 5 of the 9 already. You can't have double portions of one and call it two portions of your 9 each has to be different.

I've started not to notice the lack of salt and the food tastes OK without it now. I was expecting it to take many weeks but it appears to be - what - 5 or 6 days? I am hoping that I will get some good results from all this exercise and eating properly. Whilst I can't see a huge change in waistline yet (and really it should be gradual not sudden) I am feeling a lot fitter and I do feel remarkably well. I could get into my suit yesterday which was a big bonus so I must have lost a fair bit already but I haven't been measuring until this week.

No comments: