Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Whew - Exercise Buzz

Now I haven't experienced this for years - in fact when I used to exercise regularly and play badminton and squash. I'd play for an hour or more and there would be this real buzz throughout your body and you'd feel great. In those days I could do exercise and then go into the bar and have 4 pints of beer and smoke away quite happily! I imagine that really helped :-)

Anyway - today I did my 30 minutes but this time I used two other programmes I hadn't before, one where you dial in a maximum heart pulse rate and the computer thingy sets the resistance to keep you as near to that for 10 minutes. The second was 3 peaks in 10 minutes but starts much higher on resistance than the one I tend to use most of the time. That was really good and I noticed on all of the that my distance is increasing and so are the number of calories being burnt off. So after this not only did I feel great but also it was as if I could easily carry on for another half an hour so I'm feeling quite fit - which is pleasing. I'll be pleased to see what happens over the next few weeks with this.

Of course today I'll need all the calories burnt off I can as I am out tonight for a meal and there will be wine and cheese and all sorts of stuff I really shouldn't have - I shall try - very hard to be good and only eat small portions. I don't want to undo the good work but.....

No comments: