Monday, March 19, 2007

Getting Serious

The Kitchen has battle plans drawn up and blue tacked to the walls. A clipboard and pen with chart await me for anything I eat during the day. I am going for points and points make? Prizes - oh no that's some TV show. No - points mean that I can ensure that I am eating enough to keep me healthy but not too much to put on weight. Well that is the plan.

The exercise regime burns about 150 - 200 calories every morning and I need to limit my intake to less than 1800 calories. In addition I need to get down that salt intake and go from 5 fruit and veg a day to close to 9 if I can manage it.

If I can get this bit right then I should be able to steadily lose weight over a period of time and also get fitter - although I haven't felt this fit for years and years. Additionally if I can lower my blood pressure through being fitter and cutting back on salt then that should allow me to be fitter for treatment and for the ongoing fight.

No comments: