Sunday, March 18, 2007

Found some of my early notes

On bladder cancer. After I had the second operation and was told I had CIS - Carcinoma in Situ I foolishly mumbled that "that was good". Well, after having a couple of tumours cut out you'd have thought that having CIS - which in most cases such as skin cancer is relatively easily treated, should be great.

The notes I made at the time are:

  • Aggressive disease (worse than a tumour)
  • poorly defined
  • difficult to gauge
  • Often recurrences (can be 3 or 4 per year - tumours that is I think)
  • 3 monthly checks
  • If past 1 year and no recurrence then you halve your chance of recurrence.

I then wrote BCG in the best cases is 60-80% effective. I'm young I hope so.


I am so disappointed at not being able to find out about this for perhaps another few months. I know I have to get whatever is wrong with me now sorted first. Perhaps I should have popped a few Valium before I went in to the Hospital - they are good, they could of cut my arm off and I'd have helped them :-)

I also found my treatment notes that I kept when I had the BCG treatment. I don't think I will share them on here - they are pretty boring and I think I covered most of the things I learnt at the time. I might just type them up and present them the next time I see the urology nurses so they can add them to my file.

No comments: