Friday, March 16, 2007

Raising the bar

I decided that today would be a good day to up the exercises from 20 minutes a day to 30. The only thing I have noticed is that the computer thingy on the cross trainer doesn't give you more peaks and troughs on the exercises the more time you put in so after 10 minutes I went back to doing 2 more 10 minutes sections each one peaking 3 times in the 10 minutes. It is a much better workout - or appears to be - than the long version of the same programme.

Now I have got to see whether I can keep this going - it always seems to be that you lose some part of your day. What I need to do is make it part of my routine and not look at it as a time stealer.

I often look at people who have just been out for a run or after doing some work down the gym and when they are all red faced and barely able to breathe wonder whether this exercise stuff really does do you good -everyone i see always looks unfit and totally knackered at the end of it :-)

No comments: